Comment on page
Learn how to populate metrics in DoubleLoop via PostgreSQL.
DoubleLoop allows you to populate your metrics in DoubleLoop with time-series data from PostgreSQL. Here's how to do it.
- 1.Get your PostgreSQL Host, Port, Database Name, Username, and Password ready, or ask your IT team for assistance in getting this information for your PostgreSQL instance.Important: You will need to make sure the PostgreSQL instance is reachable over the internet.
- 2.In DoubleLoop, double-click on a metric on the map.
- 3.Click the "Source" tab in the right drawer.
- 4.Choose "PostgreSQL" as the source.
- 5.Fill in your Host with either the domain name or IP address of your PostgreSQL instance.
- 6.Fill in the Port with your port, the default for PostgreSQL is 5432.
- 7.Fill in your PostgreSQL database name, username, and password.
- 8.Input the query into DoubleLoop. The output of the query must contain columns named "date" and "value". We recommend that you test out the query in PostgreSQL before you input it into DoubleLoop.
- 9.Click "Save".
If you get stuck, please reach out!